The recruiter position is responsible for interviewing, testing and referring applicants for all required positions throughout the company. The candidate must possess considerable skills in interviewing techniques, sufficient knowledge of all specialized functions in the company, basic understanding of the company’s organizational structure, as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal/state laws regarding employment practices.
- Process job requisitions.
- Coordinate with Hiring Manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
- Act as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
- Screen and interviews applicants.
- Coordinate appropriate employment testing.
- Conduct employment verifications.
- Extend verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Coordinate background checks and new-hire drug testing.
- Maintain employee referral program.
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Follow up with all related clerical aspects of employment, such as completing of health, employment and insurance forms, notifying the department of employee’s starting date, and the requisition the employee is filling, etc.
- Complete weekly report on employment activity.
- Conduct exit interviews with terminating employees.
- Complete unemployment claims and provides company representation at unemployment hearings.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Effective Relationship Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers/scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position; days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.